Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Money & Finance: Banking, Budgeting, and Spending

I use a credit union and they do have free online banking, but I don't use it. They have security and everything. I had started paying directly from the business sites before the credit union started the online banking and I have just never changed over.
I'm looking at the budgeting websites. Foonance doesn't really appeal to me. It looks very simplistic, but you have to sign up to get much information. I will at least try expensr and Wesabe, but they seem to be time intensive. No matter what you choose, you have to spend time inputting data.
As for cutting cost, I already comparison shop and buy some things at Sam's Club cheaper that you can get at the store. I don't buy bottled water, I try to use rechargable batteries. On my mileage, I get at least as much as the highway standard and it takes regular gas.
I already wash in cold water and usually air dry. I usually use a microwave, or I have a small toaster oven instead of the big oven. I've been changing over to the florescent bulbs as the others burn out. I just need to be better about turning out lights.
I don't have cable and my cell phone is prepaid.
I have a credit union for most of my banking and there are no charges for that.
Everything else, I try to be as frugal as I can.

No comments: