Thursday, October 1, 2009

Genealogy: Genealogy 2.0

OK, I put my Celebrity Collage under my blog entries. It is just sooo wrong. I had to try three different pictures to find a group that wasn't too weird. One I had with glasses I was matched with almost all men. Really wrong. Any way it's there.

I have downloaded the free part of MyHeritage on my laptop and have been making some entries from my father's side of the family. It has been interesting and challenging to try to trace relatives. I'm not sure it will continue much past the great-great grandparents I have found in the census info. It has been interesting asking my father about some of it. I have heard about some family stories that I wasn't aware of before.

About Footnote, I'm not sure I get the point of the Member Discoveries. That said, I stumbled upon an entry by my aunt about her husband that included biographical information. Some of it I had found some time ago on a military site. Just browsing, some of the original documents look interesting. I saw some of the Apollo program pictures that were great. But this just doesn't seem like a site I would spend a lot of time on. Maybe if I were more of a history buff it would interest me more.

No comments: