Monday, October 22, 2007

Week 7 - Wikis

I've used Wikipedia as a starting point for some reference questions. There are good links and info, you just have to be aware that info needs to be verified.
I also like Library Success. There are some good ideas for programs and other information that I want to check into.
I liked the BookLoversWiki also. Might we be able to do something like that for patrons to add to? Possibly for next summer's adult reading club?
The St. Joseph County PL's subject guides is something that would be useful for people new to an area. It might be interesting to find out how much upkeep is involved.
I also added my blog to the favorites list and added a link under the Favorite Animal page. It was tricky to get the name of the web page to hyperlink. It took me several trys to get it right.
Wikis can be useful for libraries, but there would need to be moderators to keep the information correct and to keep inappropriate material off of the pages.

No comments: