Friday, August 29, 2008

Wellness: Going Green - Part 2

I've already been trying to do many of the gas mileage tips suggested on the Consumer Reports Mileage Tips page. Driving up and down FM 1960 makes it hard sometimes. I don't use drive thru windows because of having to spend so much time idling. It's usually quicker to go in anyway.

I've gotten some fluorescent bulbs and have been changing out my regular bulbs. I need to finish doing that.

Sometime before long I need to replace my fridge. It's over 20 years old and starting to have some problems. So I can get a more energy efficient model and I have always prefered one with the freezer on top.

I like the information on care2 make a difference on how to make different cleaners. However, I'm lazy and try to buy some eco-friendly stuff.

It would be nice to recycle, but there is no place near to go. I would spend more on gas than I would save by recycling. Neither Harris county or the garbage company my subdivision uses makes it easy to recycle. I just did a search for recycling in the area, and there is a place in Kingwood at the park and ride. Keep Kingwood Green has info on what they take and when. So, I may be able to do some recycling after all.

The DIY Life website looks interesting with a lot of info. I'll have to check on it some more.

Also, I've tried to remove myself from some of the mailing lists.

No comments: