Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sound - Making or listening to music together

I don't really care about sharing music or making music. I want to listen to music. That said, I checked out several of the sites.

Mog - annoying, you have to download Rhapsody to listen to the music. Other sites just let you play music without the hassle.
Project Playlist didn't interest me. I couldn't find a place to find out how to play the whole song. Their help page wasn't, and their terms of service was a blank page, and the ads were annoying.
Phling doesn't appeal to me either. Don't care to use phone minutes to listen to music.
I went to JamStudio and played a little bit. You would need patience and a lot of time to play around and make music. Just not my thing.
I like Imeem for letting me build playlists. It let's me choose specific songs. However, you are hoping someone has put the song or artist on the site. Found some light classical. I like this. Pandora is still great for finding and listening to music, but this is another choice. Somewhat limiting. It also lists what I've downloaded on my page. I'm not sure how it tagged my contacts from gmail to try to get me to add them as friends. Don't like that.

So I learned some new sites for music and not sure that I have any interest in sharing or creating music, but it's good to know there are sites out there.

No comments: