Monday, June 29, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies: Coin Collecting

On and off I've looked for unusual coins. Unless I'm in a hurry, I'll usually look at coins I get as change. I'll try to spot wheat pennies and look at dimes to see if any are all silver. Haven't found a silver one in years. Frequently hold on to Susan B. Anthony dollars. From my grandfather I inherited some old buffalo nickels and some other old coins that he had collected over the years. Haven't gotten into the state quarters.

There is a coin shop in Humble, don't know that I will visit. I do look at the coins when I go to the Houston International Gem & Jewelry show and the Houston Gem & Mineral Society show. There are usually people there selling coins, but I look at them for interest, not for buying.

This is not something I would do seriously, but I have fun looking at my change.

No comments: