Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 10 - Is this the end??

I enjoyed going thru the different tasks. Even on the sites I was familiar with I learned something.
Having a blog for this project will hopefully remind me to keep it up for other things I learn. I have enjoyed Flickr, but did not know about the online photo editing tools. I can see using them, especially Picnik in the future. The avatars are fun. Being able to write documents, etc. online and share with others could be very helpful, especially if several people were working on a project together, but in different locales. Listening to podcasts are something I want to find time for. There are a number of library related ones out there, but as usual, the problem is finding the time.
I've been looking at Stephen Abram's 43 things. Some of them I have already done, not including iHCPL, some I don't want to do and there are some I want to try.
Some of the 23 things are already being used at the library, Overdrive, Flickr, blogs, YouTube. And for the staff Del.icio.us, some wikis.
I have enjoyed the learning process. I'm not sure what else could be used at HCPL. I think we have made progress in the Library 2.0 area. I try to help patrons and fellow staff members whenever possible with web stuff. I try to let patrons know about our ebooks and NetLibrary. I try to educate and show rather than just do it for them.

No comments: