Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 9 - Downloadable Media

I have used OverDrive audio books and have been able to find books and music that I want to listen to. There is a good selection of titles. I also went into the movies and downloaded a part of a movie. The selection is kind of odd. A lot of older titles and many children's titles. There don't seem to be many newer titles, a couple that I think were on cable at one time.
It's nice to have access to free books. I also have an Audible account and enjoy it as well. There is access to many more titles, but you have to subscribe and pay for the items.
The main problem with LibriVox is the titles are all older since they are in public domain and you don't know how good the readers are going to be. I'm not sure I would use this site/
Wowio seems to be classics and some vanity press. However, the craft section has a couple well known publishers and some very good titles. The nonfiction that I checked seems to have one or two well known publisher with a few titles and more from publishers I have never heard of. I think this might be a good site if you are selective about the titles. I did find a title in the craft section that I downloaded.

No comments: