Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 8 - Social Networking

Well, I'm back from vacation and mostly missed the Horizon meltdown.
Now, I had signed up for Myspace and Facebook accounts sometime ago to see what they were like. And because I have a Yahoo account, I've logged into Yahoo! 360. I just don't really get the point. I know the kids are able to put up wallpapers, and other stuff on their sites. I have not been able to figure out how to do this and it all seems to take a lot of time. Also, it is frustrating to use Myspace at work because you have to keep clicking past the restricted page.
Looking at some of the other social sites:
Xanga lets you look around and seems to make it easy to change themes, look at pix, videos, etc without having to register on the site. The HGTV site looks like fun. Catser is also fun. Ning seems like an OK site. You can search for groups that interest you.
I guess the answer is, if you are young and like keeping in touch with Myspace, or Facebook or whatever site you use, then great, but this is not my thing. I would rather blog.

No comments: